2015 05 31: i worked today on sealing off half of the house. this is to determine which half is contributing the most to the leaks. this time i was successful in sealing one half of the house from the other. i used the same plastic described in the last post to seal the hallway entrance. this time the plastic was forced against the wall using tension shower rods and curtain rods. it worked!
the east half of the house yields 250 cfm. the house as a whole leaks at 350 cfm. i did not expect this result. if it is correct, it means that all of the small leaks in the east half of the house are contributing significantly to the house’s leaks. i plan to seal them up and try again.
the picture shows the set up used to seal the hallway.